Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Thursday Activities

So I had an exciting day yesterday. And unfortunately it is the only thing going on around here to blog about.

I got to spend the day at doctors offices and the ER. And it wasn't for my kids, which is the good news. I woke up at 5am wed morning with horrible stomach pains. I went to the bathroom because I thought maybe I was going to be sick, but then couldn't get up off the floor because I hurt so incredibly bad. So I sat there for over an hour and I think I dozed off. But in the morning it wasn't much better, so Ben made me call the doctor.

No, I am no good at taking medically care of myself. Isn't that a normal Mom Trait? My kids all have their scheduled appts and take any medicine right on schedule and finish all of it (although that part I have to give credit to the Pharmacist in the family), the eat a pretty balanced diet and even chew a Flintstone every morning! But me? uh, not so much. Vitamins quit when I got to quit taking prenatals (which make me sick), and my diet.... lets just say "yea, I need to be on one!"

So I was procrastinating to call the doc. For several legitimate reasons, I feel. #1 is that she is in south Tulsa and I found out is only working on fridays now. and #2 is that I was kinda waiting around to see if it was a huge gas pain or something! How embarrassing would that be??? ("Hi doc, I have this really bad stomach pain, oh,.... excuse me... its all better now")

Anyway, I found a doc (Dr Yancy Galutia) here in town and REALLY liked him. (He told me he would pray for me and did a wonderful follow-up call personally this morning) He did x-rays, and blood work and all kinds of other things and thought it was my appendix. So he sent me to the hospital to get a CT scan. I had to go in thru the ER to get that done. So, I was pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of St John Owasso. They were very nice and pretty fast, all things considered. I got in, triaged, evaluated, ct scan done and discharged all in about 2 hours.

So it apparently WASN'T my appendix. But they don't know what it is. And yes, I say IS, because it still hurts. Granted, not near as bad, but painful none the less. I did find out, via CT Scan that I have cysts on my ovaries. I didn't realize that that is almost "normal" for most women. And that might be the source of the pain. So I guess I will take it day by day and just sit back and be thankful to God that I am not in the hospital recovering from an appendectomy, or worse, exploratory surgery.

3 comments:

6 Happy Hearts said...

I am praying for a pain free night AND that you find the source of the pain with a total healing!!! I'm happy to hear they did not find anything seriously wrong & you had good care during your expierience.
I,too, do not go the Dr or take care of my health...ugh??!! I use the 4 kids as an excuse, but they should be my REASON. That Dr. Galutia sounds great. I'll have to check him out. Keep me up to date on how you are doing!!!

The Coleman Chronicles said...

Mom called me and I started worrying immdetiatly because that would leave only me with an appendix!!! And heck, if it is a family trait that we have a bad appendix then I WANT mine out!!

Glad to hear you are okay but don't hesitate to go back if you don't feel good the next couple of days.

Tara said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better asap!!! Not only do we take substandard care for ourselves (when we are not with-child) but we also get less sympathy! I am so glad he urged you to go in, & I pray it goes away quickly. You & your sister are hilarious, OMG my tummy hurts from laughing now!!!