Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Chandler!

Nine years ago I was holding my first born son for the very first time. Checking him out. Is he really ok? All his toes and fingers and his little privates, too? Is he really a boy? Yep. The sweet smell of his baby head, and the feel of his velvety skin and the closeness we shared the first time I nursed him. Sometimes I feel like it was yesterday, and other times it seems like an eternity ago. Big boy, tipping the scales at 8lb 11oz, delivered via emergency c-section on October 28, 1999 at 10:48pm. It was several hours before I got to hold him in my arms because my blood pressure fell drastically. But oh, I couldnt keep my hands off him. I could hardly let anyone else hold him. I wanted him back!

He is growing into such a great young man. He is compassionate, loving and thoughtful. He is athletic, outgoing and funny! He is a great big brother (most of the time!) and truly loves his sisters, no matter how much he will tell you the contrary. I think this birthday really bothers me because he is halfway to being out of the house and no longer "mine". I pray that I am able to enjoy these next 9 years and treasure the time my little boy is still My Little Boy.

We love you, bubba!

4 comments:

The Coleman Chronicles said...

Boy, talk about a story that will bring tears to your eyes!! It is amazing how fast time does go by and we must treasure the time we have with our kids. But on the up-swing, once your kids do grow-up, they have kids of their own and they are pretty good about sharing them with you!!
Love the pictures-- and he was such a cute baby that has grown to a handsome young boy.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Aaawww!!!
What a blessing! Just love that story! That first pic is awesome by the way.
Oh & you've been booed! Check out my blog : )

MelissaC said...

What a sweet and touching tribute to Chandler! You certainly have a way with words.

Pam Rosebrough said...

They do grow up quick! Mercedes just asked me last night if when she turns 14 in 6 months will she be able to start to learn to drive!! AHHHHHH!!!